2.23.2010

here's looking at you

To the five people (you know who you are) that read my bliggity blog--this one's for you! After a very long break from the blogging world, I'm back. Here's whats been going on:

1) Semester Four Rocks
Spring 2010 at Hofstra is off to a good start. I like all of my classes. I even
love some of them, imagine that. I carefully crafted my schedule to get the coolest profs, the sweetest times (no class before noon), and the most bad-ass titles.
2) I Got A New Camera
So after a lot of thinking, a little researching, and some NYC shopping, I got my new camera. I chickened out and didn't end up getting the sweet DSLR that I wanted, but I still got a great point and shoot that captures great shots. Plus, it left some money in my pocket to spend. Ka-ching!
3) I Love New York City
Thanks to my new hobby, I have spent a lot of time literally wandering around the city taking pictures of whatever NYC has to offer. I never realized just how much of the city I hadn't seen, and its such an exciting place to explore, especially in the winter. Here are a few pics of my adventures in the city this winter:

......
A Hofstra "Snow Day", At the Brooklyn Promenade, Visiting Princeton University

.........
Herald Square during the "blizzard", Walking near the Brooklyn Bridge, Visiting NYU-Poly, Exploring NJ with B

4) I Miss My Family
A lot has been going on with the family lately and I'm bummed that I can't be with them. I'm looking forward to May when I get to see both of my brothers under one roof for the first time in years. Perhaps members of the fam should start their own blogs so that I can see whats going on in their lives... hmm.... just saying! ;)
5) I Can't Wait For Spring!
It seems like winter is taking its sweet time to pass, and I'm impatient. Maybe its the gloomy/rainy weather getting to me, or maybe its the fact that every store in New York is only selling floral summer dresses and flip flops, either way--spring needs to be sprung!

Well, thats all for now--catch you on the flipsiiiide

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! Happy to see you are back in the blogosphere! What kind of camera did you get? I love NYC...want to go back but not sure when we will make it next. Love your photos. Glad your classes all meet the best criteria. Love and miss you--keep writing so I can stay informed. :)

    ReplyDelete