5.09.2010

Elbow Pads and Lady Gaga

Yesterday was my last Sunday in New York for a while. I'm really going to miss it. I used to really look forward to going home during the breaks, but now I'm really starting to like this place. I love my room. I love my car. I love my adventures. I love my homies. I love New York City.

I went on my (now) regular jog and workout around campus this afternoon. Somehow, I managed to face plant on Oak street without scratching up my face, but my poor elbow wasn't spared. I'm not sure what it is about my right elbow, but it has taken a definite beating this semester. A couple of weeks ago I slipped on some water in the student center (that's the story, I'm sticking to it) and shattered my elbow. It had two massive golf balls growing from it. Seriously. Anyways, yesterday was strike two against my elbow so I'm going to take a page from the bad ass ladies of "Whip It" and start wearing elbow pads.


Not really. But that would be fun, right?

Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of my dearest Li Li, the Russian Mail Order Bride that I ordered this semester. At midnight, B and I surprised her with a Cinnamon-Bun and Cream Cheese frosted "cake" complete with 21 candles. Yep, she's the big 2-1. Now she can legally get hammered with the rest of America. Too bad for her, she is studying abroad in Russia for the next year, where they have been hammering back Vodka since they were 12. She's got some catching up to do.

Here's what's left of her delicious impromptu Cinna-cake

I made a LOT of progress on packing this weekend, too. It's weird to see my entire life condensed into my enough bags, boxes, and totes to fit into my Mercury Cougar Coupe. All that's left to pack up are a few clothes from my closet, my refrigerator, and my bedding. For the past two weeks I've been complaining about how badly I wanted to leave, how I was ready to take off. But seeing everything empty and ready to go makes me want to stay put. :(

On a completely unrelated side note, WTF Lady Gaga?!?:


Sorry if this post is lame, I should be studying for my final, or writing a paper about now. Ugh. More exciting stuff to come.. when my life gets more exciting than Microsoft Word and textbooks.

Thinking of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment