5.09.2010

is that summer? ohhh yes it is!

Okay, Okay. I know it's still technically spring, but the weather has been so amazing lately that it's been easy to pretend that it is summer.
Last weekend we escaped to Jones Beach for a bit when it was in the low 80's and the beach was amazing. Between the beach trip, my regular outdoor naps, and my running I have been developing quite the tan (for my skin tone, anyways). I snapped a photo of myself the other day to send to my mom (she wanted proof that I was happy and okay sans the sad mood I've been in lately) and it shows my slightly burnt skin.
I know, I know. Not the most flattering picture. Hope it makes mama proud. Ha!

Anyways, last weekend B and I also spent much of Saturday at the Hofstra Musicfest which was a lot of fun. The performers were pretty sweet (Ghostface Killah was the main act), there was free BBQ (Lackmann=not so good, not surprising), and all sorts of carnival-style activities like free photobooths, rock climbing, and blowup attractions.

I didn't bring my camera to the event, although we took lots of pics on B's camera. I will have to snag them from her later. I snatched the below pic of Ghostface Killah from the Hofstra Musicfest Facebook page (is that sketch? lol). We have photos of our own I just have to figure out how to get them off B's camera and on to the computer.

Yesterday, B invited me and our friend Parks to attend a taping of Mike Huckabee's show, "Huckabee" (catchy title, eh?) at Fox Studios in Midtown. It was so much fun and we were really excited because Governor Huckabee was interviewing.... Mario Lopez! We sat front row, literally feet away from Mario and Huckabee, and they were so so nice to the crowd. Because it was a small and intimate group they came over and talked to us and we even scored a copy of Mario Lopez's new health book!
Waiting for the LIRR

Parks pretending to be excited and B being adorable as always

Me having a bad hair day

I'm super jealous because B was smart enough to sneak some shots on her Iphone during filming so she has some pretty rad candid shots of Mario and Huckabee. She was also brave enough to chase after Mario and score a picture with him-- that's right--she touched the man! Soooo jealous and oh so excited for her.

Afterwards, we swapped our heels for flats and walked up to Central Park. We mozied around for a while and snapped a couple photos of the beautiful day and the cool "sand man" was making art on the pavement near the theater. He had already started sweeping up the design before I thought to grab my camera and take a pic, but he was friendly and talkative, nonetheless.
B
HZ in CP
B in CP

Mr. Sand Man

After our walk in the park, we changed back into our good shoes and met up with our friends Jake and Reagan for a delicious Italian dinner at Patsy's Pizzeria on the West Side. The meal was amazing, and we enjoyed chatting and catching up with them so much that we ended up spending the night at their apartment, ... again. Lol When will they get tired of us? I hope not soon! ;)

So, I have to admit it's been a pretty awesome couple of weeks considering the amount of stress that I've been under. Hopefully, next week will be as pleasant. Then again, next week is finals week. Ohhh goodness.

Thinking good thoughts about you all.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment